Recruitment and talent policies:
1. Grants and subsidies to key projects hiring talent: Newly introduced projects involved in the key library project for Jingjiang – a county-level city administered by Taizhou city, in East China's Jiangsu province – will receive a one-time subsidy of up to 2 million yuan ($295,400), based on the skills of the new hires and the numbers of people brought in.
2. Incentive for businesses retaining staff with a good salary: Key enterprises that hire people from other cities with annual salary exceeding 400,000 yuan will be offered a subsidy worth 30 percent of the talent's actual taxable annual income, for three consecutive years. The maximum amount of the annual subsidy is 500,000 yuan for each of the new hires at the same enterprise, ranging up to no more than 1.5 million yuan in total yearly.
3. Subsidy for mass innovation and entrepreneurship projects: Businesses working on the full-time or flexible introduction of talents who lead the application of Taizhou's "mass innovation and entrepreneurship program" will be rewarded. They will be subsidized with a maximum fund of 3.5 million yuan after approval. In addition, they will prioritize to apply for the provincial mass innovation and entrepreneurship program, which may grant a subsidy up to a maximum of 10 million yuan.
4. Incentive for businesses establishing research institutes: Enterprises are encouraged to set up research institutes in other cities, with each able to get a maximum subsidy of 1 million for talent recruitment and training and achievement transfers, after recognition.
5. Mazhou Meritocrats Card service: Recognized talent who are introduced and trained by key project companies can enjoy the services of the Mazhou Meritocrats Card - including privileged services offered to their children and other family members.
Incentive policies for high-tech and foreign-invested enterprises:
1. All high-tech enterprises settling in Jingjiang are subject to the preferential corporate income tax rate of 15 percent.
2. Jingjiang has issued management methods for company sci-tech innovation points – supporting enterprises' sci-tech innovation that covers innovative platforms, staff, activities and achievements. The reward will be granted at the end of every year.
3. Foreign-invested projects with actual paid-in capital of over $100 million can get a subsidy of 3 percent of the paid-in funds.
4. Recognized newly established regional headquarters projects of transnational corporations will be subsidized with a one-time grant, equal to 3 percent of their registered capital.
5. Subsidies for key major projects will be determined at government meetings.